Librarian: Carrie Kopacz
I strongly believe the old adage “knowledge is power”. Being a teacher turned librarian, I am proud to be a facilitator of knowledge and power. When I have the privilege to educate someone, I give them a future that is open to more opportunities. This is what brings me joy. This is what fulfills my soul. This is why I am honored to serve as your Librarian.
As your librarian, I help create future ready students through:
- Collaboration with teachers, district librarians, and members of the community to decipher educational needs, create library goals, and put on successful library programs and events.
- Creation, development, and implementation of educational programs that are aligned with curriculum standards.
- Planning and carrying out project-based, hands on experiences using a variety of interpretive learning techniques.
- Procuring materials that are effective vehicles toward gaining new knowledge.
- A deep commitment to providing a stimulating, encouraging, and supportive atmosphere for all students, employees, and community members.
- Developing, organizing, and executing community programs that support the library's mission.
- Collaboration with community businesses, organizations, and individuals to pool our resources and assets for the common good of the community.
- Reflect upon and evaluate the success completed programs, lessons, and events.
I look forward to utilizing the skills I've learned over fifteen years as an educator our students' and teachers' needs.
Carrie Kopacz, MLS