School Counselor: Elisa Krug
I have been an elementary school counselor since 2005 and proudly serve MPES through a comprehensive program that supports the academic, physical, emotional and social well-being of every student.
Elisa Krug, MSC
Community Resources for Mental Health:
Mental/Behavioral Health Services Locator - http://liberty.tx.networkofcare.org/mh/index.aspx
Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare - http://www.tricountyservices.org/
- What is Tri-County? A Comprehensive mental health service that offers many mental and behavioral health services locally.
- How do I access these services? Walk-In Clinic open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 9:30 at 233 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. South, Conroe, TX (936)521-6100
- Speak to your campus counselor for pre-referral information
Yes to Youth - https://www.sayyestoyouth.org/
- FREE Local Counseling - Shelter - Empowerment
- Magnolia Office - 31335 Friendship Dr. Magnolia, TX (281)259-0440
- The Woodlands Office - 8701 New Trails Suite 118 The Woodlands, TX (281)292-6471
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) of Greater Houston offers on-going support groups for family members of those diagnosed with mental health conditions. No registration is required. Locations in Tomball and The Woodlands.
Mosaics of Mercy - https://mosaicsofmercy.com/
- Helping families navigate mental health needs
Mental Health Informational Sites:
Specific to Trauma/Grief:
- If you need immediate assistance, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or tell Siri on your smartphone you feel you or someone wants to kill themself and it will connect you immediately. Do not leave a suicidal person alone.
- Crisis Text Line - text LISTEN to 741741 about ANY painful emotion you feel in which you need support
- Tri-County Behavioral Health Services is our local mental health service organization - their 24 hour crisis line is (800)659-6994
- Additional Resources:
Emotional & Behavioral Strategies Sites:
Kids Health for Emotional and Behavior Information - https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/emotions/?WT.ac=p-nav-emotions#catschool
Secondary - Parent Teen Connect - https://www.parenteenconnect.org/
Children’s Safe Harbor https://childrenssafeharbor.org/ - 936-756-4644
Your local Children’s Advocacy Center
Al-Anon Alcohol Resource - https://al-anon.org/
SOS (Society of Samaritans) - https://www.societyofsamaritanstx.org/
- Offers financial hardship crisis assistance, food assistance, clothing and household goods, holiday giving, and job services
- Location: 31355 Friendship Drive, Suite 500 Magnolia, TX 77355
TOMAGUA - http://tomagwa.org/home
- Provides medical assistance at a low to no cost
- Magnolia Location: 18230 Farm Market Road 1488, Suite 230 Magnolia, TX 77354 Patients seen by appointment only. Clinic Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm
What is Dating Violence?
Dating violence is a pattern of controlling behaviors that one partner uses against another in order to gain power in the relationship. The abuser can behave in ways that cause fear, isolation, shame and/or humiliation. Dating violence can be physical, mental, emotional or a combination of all three.