This year we thrilled to continue our wonderful "Watch D.O.G.S." (Dads of Great Students) program, which is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center for Fathering. This is a nationally recognized program that has brought hundreds of thousands of fathers and father figures into our nation's schools as volunteers.
How WATCH D.O.G.S. Works:
Fathers and father figures volunteer at least one day a year at their child's school. Volunteers will perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day, such as monitoring the school entrance, assisting with loading cars and buses, monitoring the lunch room, and helping in classrooms under teacher's guidance.
How do you become a Watch D.O.G.?
1. Complete a yearly Background Check found in black box at right
Please note that it appears You are applying for employment, think of it as if You are applying for a non-paid position.
2. Complete a yearly Registration Form found in black box at right and return it to school
Contact Ms. Sheri Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org
- so she is aware of your interest and can assist you with further instructions
4. Order a T-Shirt from the Watch D.O.G.S. website link- found in the black box at right.
To sign up for a day to spend with us:
1. View our Watch D.O.G. Calendar in black box to right and see what day you can come.
2. Contact the front office and let them know the day you have chosen.
After you spend your day as a Watch D.O.G.:
Please fill out the survey found in the black box to the right. You will need the codes TX and 2235.
Thank you so much for your interest!
To learn more about Watch DOGS: